Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home

You ever think of the day when you miss home? I happen to drive thru Cincinnati this weekend again and it made me miss it more than ever before. The skyscrapers, the brick sidewalks, the backed up traffic, the lights of the city beckon me everytime I head up I-75.

I remember going to see my Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and even Cats. Walking up Hill Street to the top of Mount Adams each day, discovering the abandoned subway that was never finished underneath the city streets, my first date at 4 years old with a girl at Findlay Market, A Graeters Ice Cream Cone, looking out my window at the most beautiful skyline in the entire world, The soap truck (which is what we nicknamed it) bareling down Celestial Ave., jammin to Power 107...and Q102, The smell of the river as the first of October hit, Friday night lights everywhere, The Mount Washington Parade, Watching my grandpa listen to the reds and watch them on TV at the same time and the first bite of a Skyline Chili Dog made fresh in Cincinnati by Cincinnatians.

Its those moments, those blips that you think about and what they mean to you. Its those memories you hold dear and knowing that life is so much more than what you ever expected at the age of 11.

Everyones hometown means something to them, something special, something near and dear to their heart mind and soul. Its that meaning of Cincinnati, the Emerald City, the Queen of the Midwest, The first city in America...that is my memory!

No comments: