Monday, March 9, 2009

NEW APARTMENT JITTERS




So as many of you know, I recently moved into a new apartment. Its a nice one, an upstairs one bedroom of a house with a really large living room and even a bigger kitchen (which I like the most).

So now your asking, "whats up with the screen door?"

Last night, I just begun to fall asleep around 11:30 after watching an episode of CSI:NY which I love. As my eyes finally close all of a sudden...bang! Now remind you, I just moved onto North Metcalf, so its a number of things going thru my head. About ten seconds later...bang! So I begin to get out of bed and look around and can't find the source. I figure it might be a bad water pipe, so I lay back down. BANG! It gets louder and louder and more frequent!

BANG! Okay, seriously..its getting on my nerves. I look out the window and see the neighbors storm screen door swing back and forth in the terrential downpour. Whew!

Oh, and that wasn't all. After I finally cope with the noisy neighbor guy, I begin to fall asleep. About 1:30 AM I hear a large swooshing sound outside my window. Seriously, what in the world?
I jump out of bed again and something hit my bedroom window. I look outside to a very dark sky, no streetlight..nothing! Again, something hit my window! So I put on my pajamas and open the front door to find that my wicker chair decided to lodge itself between the house siding and window.

I guess its just the new apartment jitters, but I will get used to it eventually.

No comments: